Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Summa de Arithmetica - Luca Paccioli








Luca Paccioli - Summa de Arithmetica, Geometrica, Proportioni et Proportionalita (Everything about Arithmetic, Geometry, and Proportion) printed in Latin in 1494








This Link has more pictures of various pages from the Summa Book.

Having just learnt about this Renaissance man LUCA PACCIOLI today, I did some more research. I cannot believe I never heard of this fellow before today. He apparently was known as the father of Accounting, because he was the first to write down the methods of Double Entry Accounting. As for me, I tried accounting, but never got past the Trial Balance. And while I am not a fan of mathematics, I do like reading about the History of maths & science.

Biography

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love books, I love reading them, I love owning them. I love History and Maps, Genealogy, Archaeology, and Sci Fi (Star Trek & Stargate) and Biographies.