This blog will be mostly be links to websites about and pictures of Antique books and Book collections, also Library and other news items about Books.
I love Antiquarian Books. I love the look of them. I would probably love the feel of them too except that I have never SEEN a real antiquarian book, let alone touched one. But I have seen tons of pictures of them. I have never purchased such a book either - those prices are just so expensive. If I could afford to buy them, you can bet your bottom dollar I would be buying the original books. But instead I have to settle for buying other books that are written about antiquarian books instead.
Aaaah the Internet is such a wonderful thing. Without it I would not see, read about or even be aware of most of these ancient books that are carefully preserved in vaults, libraries and other private collections.
Books and Book Arts
Antiquarian Blogs Mostly
- Some Interesting Pages
- John Leland - Kings Antiquarian
- Pictures of Old Books - Title Pages. Excellent sit...
- John Gullim Display of Heraldrie - 3rd Edition
- Display of Heraldrie census - some notes
- The Most Expensive Book sold in 2006
- Antiquarian Book Auction at Christies
- Some more Title Pages I like
- The Russian “Gutenberg” Bible for sale at only $11...
- A DISPLAY OF HERALDRIE: by John Guillim (c1551 - 1...
- Arithmetick 1658
- Summa de Arithmetica - Luca Paccioli
- More Book Title Pages
- Just some old Book Title Pages I found
- I love Antiquarian Books
- ▼ April (15)