Tuesday, April 10, 2007
The first really popular arithmetic in English was the 1542 Arithmetick: or, The Grounde of Arts written by Robert Recorde, author of The Whetstone of Whet. Note the "afterward" has a contribution by Englands famous alchemist and early mathematician, John Dee. This edition was printed in 1658.
Books and Book Arts
Antiquarian Blogs Mostly
- Some Interesting Pages
- John Leland - Kings Antiquarian
- Pictures of Old Books - Title Pages. Excellent sit...
- John Gullim Display of Heraldrie - 3rd Edition
- Display of Heraldrie census - some notes
- The Most Expensive Book sold in 2006
- Antiquarian Book Auction at Christies
- Some more Title Pages I like
- The Russian “Gutenberg” Bible for sale at only $11...
- A DISPLAY OF HERALDRIE: by John Guillim (c1551 - 1...
- Arithmetick 1658
- Summa de Arithmetica - Luca Paccioli
- More Book Title Pages
- Just some old Book Title Pages I found
- I love Antiquarian Books
- ▼ April (15)